mature & at retirement
BEFORE YOU RETIRE
The value of pension and investments can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
As you reach the final stages of your working life you might find you are in a better position to invest or already have significant savings and investments capital. You will want to explore ways of providing a tax efficient income. It is important to take advantage of this additional saving capacity, particularly if you are increasingly thinking about retiring. Hopefully over your working life you will have accumulated wealth by building up your investment portfolio, and by this point you will have reduced or paid off your debts. Although your understanding of financial matters might be increased now, it’s still important that you seek advice to ensure you are well-positioned for your retirement. It is vital you decide the level of income you need to fund your retirement and consider how long you may need it for. At PPW we can help you with those decisions and ensure you make an informed choice about the best option for you.
We will also help you consider:
- Any capital for expenditure such as home improvements, holidays or a new car you may need
- The effects of inflation on your savings
- If you need a guaranteed income or something more flexible
- The need for cash flow planning to put your mind at ease, as your needs change as you get older
- Inheritance tax planning.
- Establish whether the sale of your business could fund your retirement.
You might also want to make sure your superannuation is healthy and working hard for you, that you are effectively accumulating wealth tax, that the wealth you have accumulated is secure and that your estate planning is up-to-date.
ONCE YOU RETIRE
Even once you have retired you will still benefit from up-to-date financial advice. You need to make sure that you are in the best position to enjoy the rewards of your life’s savings. However, since you can no longer rely on your employment income to meet your living expenses, you will also need to consider if your current pensions and investments can fund your retirement.
Your journey still continues and it’s important you can meet the financial challenges of:
- Funding your retirement living expenses and making your retirement income lasts
- Managing your finances so that you can focus on living the retirement lifestyle you want
- Legacy planning for your loved ones
- Ensuring you receive full benefits that you may be entitled to
- Estate planning, including ensuring your Will and Enduring power of attorney remain up-to-date
- Ensuring you are prepared for any Inheritance Tax Liability and are using your trusts effectively
- Funeral planning.
To find out more about these final stages of your financial journey contact us on Tel: 0151 7271257 or email email@example.com
Tel: 0151 7271257
Prosperity Private Wealth Limited is registered in England & Wales no 9247359.
Registered Office: 109 Knowles Hill Rolleston On Dove, Burton On Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9DZ.
The information on this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
©Prosperity Private Wealth 2016